Thursday, October 9, 2008

Night of 90 Cupcakes: Vegan MoFo #8


The folks at PETA Asia Pacific heard that about
my baking company and ordered 3 boxes of mini cupcakes. Each box held a total of 30 cupcakes of 6 different flavors. As I am a one woman vegan baking machine it took me 7 whopping hours to bake and decorate (including 3 dozen cookie-baking), and this excluded frosting making!



What they ordered:























Almond Rosewater Cupcakes with Rosewater Buttercream

Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Lime Buttercream
Vanilla Black Chocolate Swirl Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Walnut-studded Buttercream
(and I totally forgot to photograph:)
Chai Latte Cucakes with Cinnamon-spiced Buttercream

What can be better than a box of 30 mini cupcakes of different flavors? You tell me. I wanted to cry when I oh so lovingly put the finishing touches on the cupcakes and laid them gently in their boxes. They looked so cute! I wish someone would give me a box of vegan mini cupcakes.


There was trouble in cupcake paradise before and during the baking. I found out when I got home from my real job that the oven wasn't working because there was a gassy smell emanating from it! I hauled my baking gear to my tita's / aunt's house but had to go back home twice because I forgot my cupcake batter scooper and the baking racks. Then when I finally unloaded my stuff at the house, I realized that I had forgotten my cupcake pans! When I called the house I was told that the oven was suddenly working. So I hauled the stuff back into my car and went home. I should've started the baking at 7:30 and instead started at 9.

Oh and, I screwed up with the chocolate cupcakes; it was a halved recipe but I forgot to half the sugar (so I had to bake a new batch). They tasted really good but man, they were really ugly. And really soft. I suspect these'll be good frozen with some vegan ice cream. Oh, if only there was vegan ice cream available here!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow and double wow, I want one of those boxes of cupcakes, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys. i'm the only vegan baker (i think) i know in this part of my world. so i guess i'll never get to experience the experience of being given a box of vegan cupcakes =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Schmoly!!
    I've died and gone to cupcake heaven!!
    Fantastic job - you are a cupcake superstar!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, those cupcakes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete